Do you have a laptop of PC? Did you know that you need to maintain it in order for it to perform well? Sometimes, after using it for some time, it can not perform very well and it needs maintenance in order for it to perform well.
1. Always remember to backup your files at least once a week. You can use external hardisk to save your data. It's important so you'll not lose any critical information in case something happens to your laptop.
2. Clean your temporary files. You can do so by using Windows Tools or you can download CCleaner to clean your temporary files. Cleaning your temporary files will make your system to perform faster than previously.
3. Remember to defrag your hardisk to improve your PC performance. Defrag is like changing your files so your PC can find it faster. As the name suggest, defragmentation means reducing the amount of fragments and put it closer and continuously. I usually use PowerDefragmenter to defrag my files.
4. Scan your laptop or PC for any viruses. You can use free software such as Avast and AVG. Computer viruses can make your computer to become slow because it will consume your resources.
5. Checking your disc for errors is also important as it will attempt to repair any problems that exist in your file system. According to Microsoft Support website, "error checking (Chkdsk.exe) can repair problems related to bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and directory errors"
So, in case you're wondering how to keep your laptop or PC, you can do so by following the above tips.
by Azwan Asmat